In handling your personal information, Orange Credit Union is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988, the National Privacy Principles and the Mutual Banking Code of Practice.
Collection & use of personal information
We collect and hold personal information about you to:
- provide you with membership benefits, financial services and products or information about those benefits, services and products
- provide you with information about financial services and products from 3rd parties we have arrangements with
- conduct market or customer satisfaction research.
The law also requires us to collect and hold personal information about you:
- for our register of members
- to verify your identity
- to assess your capacity to pay a loan for which you have applied
Collection & Use of loan repayment history
We will also collect information about your repayment history when you have a loan with us – whether you have paid on time, when payments are due and when you have paid. We will disclose this information to credit reporting agencies from March 2014.
Providing your personal information to other organisations
In providing our financial services and products to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to other organisations. We only disclose your personal information to the extent necessary and to the extent required by law. The types of organisations that we can disclose your personal information to are:
- organisations that provide information to verify your identity
- credit reporting agencies and other financial institutions that have previously lent you
- brokers and agents who have referred your business to us
- persons you name as referees, or your employer, in loan applications
- property valuers and insurers for property loans
- lenders mortgage insurers
- mortgage documentation service
- trustee and manager of securitised loan programs
- your guarantor
- debt collection agencies, lawyers, process servers
- contractors for statement printing and mail out, card and cheque production, market research or direct
- 3rd party product suppliers to provide information to you about their services and products
You may access your personal information at any time by asking us. We may charge you a fee for this. If you ask us to correct any personal information we hold, we will do so, and without cost to you.
What if you do not wish to provide us with Information?
If you do not give us the personal information we require, we may not be able to admit you to membership or provide you with the financial service or product for which you have applied.
Subject to the Privacy Act, you may access the personal information we hold about you. Where we incur a cost in providing that information we may pass that cost on to you. If the information is incorrect, you have the right to require us to amend the information, which we will do at no cost to you.