A Redicard is a debit card that operates on your savings account 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Using your Redicard, you can:
How to apply for a Redicard?
There are a couple of ways to apply for a Redicard, making it quite a simple process for you. As a new member, you can apply for a Redicard the same day you join. Or, you can download a Redicard Application and fax, mail or come into the branch.
Please note that for members under the age of 16, the credit union must approve the issue of a Redicard.
Ways to keep your Redicard and PIN safe
When you are issued with a Redicard, you will be given your own personal identification number (PIN). You will be required to enter your PIN everytime you use your Redicard at either an ATM or eftpos terminal, to prove that you are the owner of the card. Therefore, it is very important that you memorise your PIN and do not store the number with your card.
If you would like to change your assigned PIN number to one you can more easily remember, you will need to come into the branch. To save time, you can complete our Redicard PIN Change Request form and bring it with you.
Here are some other hints for protecting your PIN and Redicard:
- Sign the Redicard as soon as you receive it
- Keep the Redicard in a safe place
- If you change the PIN, you must not select a PIN that represents your birth date or a recognisable part of your name
- Never write the PIN on the Redicard
- Never write the PIN on anything that is kept with or near the Redicard
- Never lend the Redicard to anybody
- Never tell or show the PIN to another person
- Use care to prevent anyone seeing the Redicard number and PIN being entered at Electronic Equipment
- Immediately report the loss, theft or unauthorised use of the Redicard to the Redicard Hotline staff on 1800 648 027 as soon as possible so that your card can be cancelled and a replacement issued
- Keep a record of the Redicard number and the Redicard Hotline number with your usual list of emergency telephone numbers
- Examine your account statement immediately upon receiving it to identify and report, as soon as possible, any instances where the Redicard has been used without your authority
- Immediately notify us of any change of address
What to do if your Redicard is lost, stolen or used without your knowledge
- If you believe that your Redicard has been misused, lost or stolen or the PIN has become known to someone else, you must immediately contact us during business hours or the Redicard hotline (Ph. 1800 648 027) 24 hours a day, everyday.
- You must provide the following information when making such notification to us or the Redicard hotline: the Redicard number;
the name of the Credit Union; and any other personal information you are asked to provide to assist in identifying you and the Redicard.
- We or the Redicard hotline will acknowledge the notification by giving a reference number. Please retain this number as evidence of the date and time of contacting the Credit Union or the Redicard hotline.
- When contacting the Redicard hotline, you should confirm the loss or theft as soon as possible at the Credit Union's offices.
- The Redicard hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If the Redicard hotline is not operating at the time notification is attempted, the loss, theft or unauthorised use must be reported to us as soon as possible during business hours on (02) 6362 4466.
- We will be liable for any losses arising because the Redicard hotline is not operating at the time of attempted notification, provided that the loss, theft or unauthorised use is reported to us as soon as possible during business hours.
- To report the card lost or stolen please download our Redicard Lost Card Report & Application for Replacement Card and either mail, fax or bring the form into the branch.
Terms, conditions, fees and charges may apply. Before using any of Orange Credit Union's products or services you should read our Financial Services Guide. For a copy of our Terms & Conditions please contact our office.