‘People first’ is the essence of our everyday conversations, transactions, decisions for and with members. At Orange Credit Union, we put people first.
As a member of Orange Credit Union, you can feel assured that your money is safe, your dealings with us are private, and we have your best interest at heart. That is what membership is all about.
As a mutual company, we are owned by and for members. We don’t try to maximise the profits we make from members to pay shareholders. There are no private shareholders—only members who have equal shares in our company.
We retain modest profits in order to remain financial strength, however surplus profits are then returned to our members through fair pricing, lower fees, flexible products and services, support for our local community and advanced training and support for our staff.
Because of our ‘people first’ attitude, our members consistently rate our products and member service very favourably, and remain as members for many years, over many family generations.
We put people first by providing:
- Extremely capable Director and Management teams to lead the company
- Strong financial results and safety of funds
- Work/Life balance for staff to ensure a great place to work
- Prudential and ethical standards with flexible delivery for members
- Forum for members to have a voice in how we operate
For you, as a member, that means:
- Competitive pricing and low fees
- Support our local community
- Products and services that are easily managed and understood
- Flexibility with our policies to accommodate you in your time of need
- Options and choices with our products, and in our relationships with you
- Support and empathy for you regardless of assets
- Treating you as an individual and tailoring solutions to your needs