The Mutual Banking Code of Practice expresses our commitment to member benefit, community involvement, fairer fees and member service. It sets out 10 Key Promises and specific ways we will deliver on those promises. We undertake to comply with the Code in all our dealings with you.
Our 10 Key Promises
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our members
- We will give you clear information about our products and our services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise member rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice
The Code of Practice includes detailed provisions on how we will handle fees and rates, credit limit increases, guarantees, account statements, chargebacks, members in financial difficulty, debt recovery and complaints. Copies of the Code are available on this website or via mail upon request.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you are unhappy with a financial, insurance or investment product or service, you should complain to us directly and ask it to resolve your dispute in accordance with our own Internal Dispute Resolution process.
If you are not happy with the response you receive, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service www.fos.org.au and they can offer conciliation processes or they may investigate the dispute and issue a written decision on your case which is binding on the financial services provider.