Send Us A Compliment
Want to say "Good-onya" to us? We welcome your feedback on our services, as we like to pass on member compliments to our OCU team. Please send your comments to us on the service received.
Suggestions for Improvements
We pride ourselves on the service we deliver and the products we provide. As a credit union member, we value your say in our 'different kind of banking'. Please let us know how we can improve your experience, by completing this online form.
Our purpose is to make your financial dreams a reality in both the products that we offer and the service we provide to our members. If you feel that we have not delivered our best to you, we would like to know. Please give us the opportunity to make it right for you. Orange Credit Union offers members an internal dispute resolution procedure that is readily accessible and free of charge.
We are committed to responding to complaints and disputes in a way that is:
- prompt and efficient
- consistent with the law, applicable industry codes, and good industry practice
- fair to everyone involved
We will only be able to deal effectively with your complaint if you continue to communicate with us, and respond to our reasonable requests for information, while we are considering the complaint.
Features of our complaints-handling process include:
- we provide information on how we deal with complaints, including your right to take unresolved complaints to an External Dispute Resolution scheme, in our product information, through our branches and on our website. We will give or send you a copy of this information if you ask us, or if you raise a concern that we are not able to resolve immediately. We will also explain how the process works
- our internal process covers all customer complaints. We will ensure our complaints handling process is adequately resourced
- the process is free to you and accessible. We will be flexible about how complaints are made and will not require that initial complaints be made in writing (however, some complaints may subsequently need to be put in written form to be progressed)
- we will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible
- if your complaint is not resolved immediately, we will give you the name and contact details of a person in our organisation nominated as responsible for dealing with your complaint. As far as possible, this person will not be someone to whom your complaint relates.
- we will have a straightforward process for determining your complaint. We will not make you go through multiple internal complaints-handling personnel or processes
- if we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction we will advise you of this in writing, giving our reasons. Our letter will also tell you how to contact our External Dispute Resolution scheme, should you wish to take the complaint further. We will take this action within the time frames set out below:
We will do our best to ensure that our investigation is completed, and a decision on your complaint is communicated to you, within 21 days of our being advised of the complaint. We will inform you if we need more time.
If we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within 45 days you may take the complaint to our External Dispute Resolution scheme, even if we are still considering it (assuming the complaint is within the scheme’s terms of reference). We will inform you that you have this right within 5 business days after the end of the 45-day period.